Sunday, October 28, 2012

I might be crazy...

Call me crazy, but I hate running with other people. I really hate it. I know some people like to run with others, but I just don't. I like to run by myself, in solitude. I don't like to talk to anyone, I don't want to worry about anyone. My running time is the only time I truly have to myself, and I would like to keep it that way!

So, when my husband and kid joined me for a run this morning, I was less than thrilled. Running with a 3 year old is not the best. He was all excited when we started out. I asked him, "Do you think you are up for two miles?" His answer? "Mommy, I am up for 10 miles!" Needless to say, less than a mile in, he was done for. I'm glad my hubby took over wrangling him so I could finish my run on my own. I walked back to meet them when I was done.

I felt good on this run, even though it was not my best time. I blame that on having to keep stopping so I didn't run over my kid when he would suddenly stop in front of me. He has yet to grasp the fact that the sidewalk is big enough for more than one person.

I want to get my husband and kid running with me, however, so it looks like I'll have to learn to share my runs on occasion!

Run-Jenn-Run

No comments:

Post a Comment