Tuesday, February 21, 2012

22 days...

It's been 22 days since my last run. 22 days since my injury. 22 days since I was able to ride a bike, walk, or drive a car without pain. 22 days of sitting around, feeling sorry for myself. 22 days of careless eating, resulting in a gain of 2.2 pounds. I got my MRI last week. I get the results and see my doc tomorrow. I am changing my attitude today.

I may not be able to run, but I can still do my strength and core exercises, so I am going to get back to that. I may not be able to run, but I can exercise my leg muscles using resistance bands and the machines in the gym. I may not be able to run, but that is not a reason why I should be gaining weight. I can still make healthy choices, I can still track my caloric intake.

Tomorrow, I will find out about my ankle and what steps need to be taken to get me back in my running shoes and back on the road. However, today, I get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment