Sunday, January 29, 2012

Addicted to running?

I am beginning to think I might be. I had a dream last night that I was running and the weather was perfect, and the scenery was perfect, and I felt fabulous. Then I had a nightmare that I couldn't run and woke up in a cold sweat. Then I tried to get out of bed and discovered my plantar fasciitis has flared again and I could barely walk across the room. Damn plantar fasciitis.

It is so weird to think about running so much, but I do. Most of the day is spent planning my run: when to run, where to run, how far to run, how long to run, what to wear, what type of run... I could go on and on. Right now, I am just stressed because I haven't been able to really run on a regular basis. I've tried an indoor track, and I've tried the treadmill, but it just is not the same. Spring cannot come soon enough!

I've had an awesome, but busy weekend. I made two giant pans of roasted veggies yesterday that we will be able to eat all week. One pan was carrots and potatoes, the other was cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and mushrooms. (I usually mix them all together, but the hubby hates Brussels and cauliflower, and my mom is avoiding carbs, thus the two separate pans). One of the easiest and tastiest things to do with veggies is toss them with some olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic and just throw them in the oven until they are nice and caramelized. Heck, I'll even eat them cold. Also cleaned out a closet, scrubbed the kitchen and bathrooms today, so I am pretty beat!

I didn't get to the gym today (ran 1.6/biked 2 miles yesterday) because my foot is acting up again. I spent a great deal of time babying it today, so I hope it will be ready to go tomorrow, since it looks like it will be warm enough for me to get out and run! I did do 100 crunches, and 40 girly pushups tonight though. I also managed to do 5 real pushups! Not all in a row, but I did them! I think I am going to keep concentrating on the girly ones for now. I just wanted to prove that I could do it!

Until next time... happy running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment