Monday, January 9, 2012

Run-Jenn-Run

I have been toying with the idea of creating a blog for some time now. My main reason is to keep myself honest and accountable in my quest for weight loss, improving my fitness and general health, and just living a better life. I've always been the "fat" girl - from the time I was a little kid, and I am tired of being the "fat" girl. I now aim to be the "fit" girl.

In September of 2011, I got this crazy idea that I wanted to start running. I had heard great things about the couch to 5K program, and I thought to myself, "Hey, running is cheap and easy, all you need are your feet and some shoes." Okay, turns out I was wrong about both of those things. Running is not cheap, and it is not easy, but I love it. I attempted a 5K in October (which resulted in a bad ankle sprain and a DNF), completed the couch to 5K program in November of 2011 (after a break due to my ankle injury) and am still running.

I've lost about 20 pounds so far, and am using Weight Watchers to help me with my eating and nutrition. I probably would have lost more weight by now had I watched my food intake (the bad thing about running is you quickly learn you can eat a lot and not see the scale climb up!), but I am focusing on now. I made it through the holidays without gaining a pound, so I am counting that as a win!

Anyway, feel free to follow me on my journey to being the "fit"girl. I need all the encouragement I can get! If you see me running around the neighborhood, feel free to shout out, Run, Jenn, Run! Better yet, come out and join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment