Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A frustrating start...

Sometimes, it's just not a good day.

I weighed in today. I followed my plan to the letter all week, got tons of exercise, and only lost 0.2 pounds. 0.2 freaking pounds. It just didn't seem fair. In the past, this would have caused me to go foraging through the refrigerator and pantry, because it just didn't seem to matter.

Today, it just made me want to go run. So I did. I went for a run. Then my old friend plantar fasciitis started acting up again. My heel hurt like hell, but I still managed to go 2.4 miles. My chiro hooked me up with stim and ice this afternoon, I've been stretching like crazy, and now the heel pain is a little more tolerable.

Despite my frustrations today, it's actually turned out to be pretty good. I felt pretty good on my run, and even surprised myself with my pace. I've also managed to stay on track with my eating, and have plenty of points left to have a nice dinner. Some days are not as good as others, I just have to learn to celebrate the little things. You know what? I am damn proud of losing those 0.2 pounds. I'm proud of not self destructing today. It's just a freaking number, and it all adds up in the long run. The important thing is that I got up and made healthy choices today, and continued running towards the "fit" me.

2 comments:

  1. Jen, great job. Keep in mind how fickle scales can be. I don't even like using mine anymore. There are better ways to track progress...you can go by inches, or how your clothes fit, or better yet how you feel. If you're feeling good, then you are good. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gil! I know, I know, but I just like to see the number go down! I know the inches are coming off because most of my clothes are too big now. Too bad I don't have money to go on a shopping spree to replace them all!

    ReplyDelete