Thursday, January 19, 2012

Run, always run.

I woke up this morning feeling like crap. Actually, I aspired to feel like crap this morning. Ugh. Some viral thing - achy joints/muscles, headache and just fatigue. Bleah. I feel like I got hit by a truck. As I finished up work today, I started going through all the reasons why I shouldn't run. "I don't feel well", "I'm really tired", "It's just one day"... I'm sure you can see where this is going.

I had a million reasons to justify me not running today. No one would have blamed me either. However, as I sat here struggling with myself, I asked myself, "But do you want to run?" The answer? YES. My legs were itching to run, my plantar fasciitis has calmed down, minimal foot pain, no congestion, no real reason why I shouldn't run. So I went to the gym and ran. Granted it was only 1.13 miles, but it felt good. It wasn't my fastest run, but it was a good run. I finished it up with 6.25 miles on the stationary bike. Did my core work and push-ups to round out the workout.

Run, always run.

1 comment:

  1. A run is a run. It's more than your couch did. Never give in to the voices who say you "can't". Because, clearly you CAN. Great job Jenn!

    ReplyDelete