Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekend Sabotage and Recovery

As usual, I do great with my fitness goals until the weekend, then everything goes to pot. I had planned to take a rest day Friday (especially since it took me 2 1/2 hours to get home due to the snow), but ended up taking Saturday off too, because I just didn't feel like it. I was overwhelmed with all the errands I had to run, and I had slept in, so no workout again. Bleah.

The one thing I am happy about though is that I didn't let that attitude continue today. I got up at 7am so I could get to the gym when it opened (8am). I also figured out a way to make running in circles more tolerable. I started back on the couch to 5K program, and am working on going faster during the intervals. Having something else to focus on while running made me not think so much about being stuck inside and being stuck running in a circle. Thank goodness for that!

I've done fairly well with eating all weekend, which is a minor miracle, since I went out to eat yesterday and have not been very good about tracking my points. I have been making better choices, which makes things easier, of course. I also sent all the items (caramel and cookies) that usually sabotage me home with my brother, since I've not been good about regulating my intake.

I may have slipped a bit, but at least I caught myself and got back on the wagon right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment